Vascular Surgery/aneurysm

Question
Am told that I have an aortic aneurysm distal. that's 2.2x2.7 also small dissection.How often do this need to be monitored.This was discovered in 2012. And has not been looked at since.
         Thank you for your time and anticipated consideration. Ab.

Answer
Screening for AAA — A screening test to determine if an AAA is present is recommended in certain groups of people [1]. These recommendations are based upon the increased risk that older men have of developing an AAA, especially those who smoke or who have a family history of AAA.

The test used most commonly to screen for AAA is abdominal ultrasonography. This test is painless and involves the use of a wand, which is applied to the abdomen and uses high frequency sound waves to create an image of the abdominal aorta; aneurysms or other abnormalities can be seen in the image.

A screening test is recommended in the following groups:

●Men age 65 to 75 who have ever smoked should be screened one time for AAA with abdominal ultrasonography. There is little benefit of repeat screening after a man has a single negative ultrasound. Men older than 75 are unlikely to benefit from screening.
●Men age 60 or older who have a sibling or parent with an AAA should have a physical examination and abdominal ultrasonography.
●There is no recommendation for general screening for AAA in women. Women who have an increased risk for AAA, such as those who smoke, have a family history of AAA, or other risk factors should discuss their concerns with their healthcare provider. Although the risk of AAA is much lower in women than men, the risk of rupture in women is higher than in men, and some professional societies believe that one-time screening for women with risk factors is worthwhile.

Vascular Surgery

Lauri Ordway