Vascular Surgery/poor circulation

My toes on my left foot are white when I'm in the bathtub. Someties all the toes, but always the first three toes. Don't notice it at any other time. Not cold to touch. Not sure if this next part has anything to do with it or not.I have been having some issues the past few months. It started about 2 mths ago while walking in fairly deep snow. I walked about 1/2 -2/3 mile and then rested, all well. Then about an hour later walked half that distance but also went up a small hill. When I got home my heart was pounding and I was having trouble breathing. Rested for 1/2 hour before feeling normal. No other problems for about a mnth. Then on left side near center twinges of sharpish pain lasting a few seconds to 3 mins or so. About 6 of these. Twice left arm, ached and once jaw ached waking me but not radiating and only lasting a couple minutes. I also have hip pain on the left side and pain in the groin area, left side also. White toes just isn't normal.

height / weight?
do you walk / exercise daily?
when seated w feet on floor do toes get dark? purple / blue?
after sitting for a few minutes, elevate your feet.............didthey tur white again?
how fast?
do you have hair on legs/feet?

Vascular Surgery

Lauri Ordway

I can answer your questions related to your circulation, your peripheral vascular system. This includes all arteries and veins except those inside the head and inside the heart. For example, neck (carotid), arms (carotid subclavian bypasses to Thoracic Outlet) belly (aortic aneurysm & occlusive disorders, renal artery stenosis), legs (iliac, femoral, popliteal, peroneal, dorasalis pedis, posterior and anterior tibial) arteries. Aneurysm & occlusive disease, atherosclerosis, leg pain, arterial wounds and gangrene, amputation prevention. Arterial Bypass, Reynaud’s, Buerger's disease (thromboangiitis obliterans), Thoracic Outlet and other circulation disorders. Vein disorders: Blood Clots (DVT), post-phlebetic syndrome, varicose veins, venous stasis ulcers. I can help with vascular wounds from diagnosis to treatments. I have worked extensively with VNUS Closure and EVLT (Laser) for varicose veins and can describe pre and post procedure expectations and describe the procedures themselves. I can't help with spider veins or cosmetic vein treatment, we don't do it. I have 15 years of wound care experience, arterial, venous, trauma and diabetic wounds for example. **I CANNOT answer questions about STENTS or STENTING, heart disease, blood pressure, brain aneurysm although I can help with questions about the arteries that go to and from those organs.

I am a nurse, I worked for 15 years with two terrific peripheral vascular surgeons, and one of them is also the inventor of very innovative wound care products and surgical instruments to make vascular surgery procedures better and faster. I wrote and manage the clinic website and field questions from patients all over the world. I am now working with another vascular surgeon and wound care expert, which has given me an opportunity to widen my horizons as I learn another excellent physician's preferences and benefit from his experiences in this amazing specialty.

I am an LPN, licensed in Minnesota