Vascular Surgery/venous ulcer left leg.

Question
This isn't your usual question. Around 10 months ago, I fell asleep on the living room couch, and I woke up with numerous sores on my lower left leg. I have venous insufficiency. The thing is my husband got the couch left by someone that was moving out of our      apartment complex, which was left by the dumpster. We have since moved out of that apartment, and we bought a new couch. We had a serious feral cat problem in my former apartment complex, as well as possums & raccoons. Is it possible that these rodents and feral cats could of diseased this couch, and caused these sores on my left leg that turned into ulcers?  I'am being treated by both a vascular surgeon and previously a wound care doctor for the past 10 months. The ulcers are healing slowly, but are very painful (burning, tingling). Thank you in advance for all your help.

Sincerely,

Marie

Answer
Oh my goodness! Wow, well venous insufficiency all by itself causes wounds but usually not overnight, I really can't say what the cause was, didn't the doctors treating you tell you what caused the ulcers? Usually they explain what caused and how to prevent / treat. I am sorry and hope you keep healing, lauri

Vascular Surgery

Lauri Ordway