Vegetarian Foods/Reg: Veg Vs non-veg

what defines a food as vegetarian or non-vegetarian?

With Regards,
Dinesh kumar

ANSWER: A vegetarian food is one that is suitable for a vegetarian to eat. That is, it doesn't contain meat or, depending on how strict the vegetarian diet adhered to is, any animal-derived products (including dairy products, eggs, gelatin, etc.).

À non-vegetarian food contains products that vegetarians do not eat (meat and sometimes other animal products).

QUESTION: Thanks for answering..

A friend of mine from Muslim community says, food which stimulates sex are comes under non-vegetarian it true?

can you explain me this from scientific background?

With Regards,

Non-vegetarian foods and vegetarian foods are very general categories. To my knowledge, there is no scientific evidence supporting either category as an aphrodisiac. Eating a well-balanced diet, vegetarian or not, can help maintain good health and indirectly positively affect libido.  

Vegetarian Foods

Aurélie Pare

I'm a the author of The Healthaliciously Good Cookbook. I can answer any questions regarding vegetarian/vegan/healthy cooking and can offer recipe suggestions and tips to those new to healthy eating. I can also suggest ways to prepare certain foods that you may not be familiar with (such as quinoa, teff, and pomegranates). I specialize in cooking with whole grains, legumes, flaxseeds, and nuts and in cooking without sugar, eggs, dairy, trans fat, gluten. and wheat. I can't answer any questions asking for specific nutritional advice or medical advice.

I am the author of The Healthaliciously Good Cookbook (, which was very well recieved by its prepublication reviewers, who were authors and dietitians.

I do not have any education in the cooking field, although I have taken basic nutrition courses.