Vegetarian Foods/Flat Belly Diet

To Liz Vaccariello and/or whom it may concern,

I recently picked up the "Flat Belly Diet! Diabetes" book from my local library and have read half the book so far without any complaints.  In fact the book is very informative and I am truly happy I found the book in my library.  I was confused about the phase 1 program and why it does not mention anything about bedtime snacks for type one diabetics that are insulin dependent. The chapter just mentions to follow phase one exactly using only 1600 calories a day; yet, there is no reference to people who need their bedtime snack as a requirement for being dependent on insulin.  In other words, how could I have four meals a day and not have a bedtime snack if I am on insulin, since I take my evening injection before dinner?  The extra 200 calorie snack pack only comes in Phase 2 so do I add an extra 200 calories for bedtime snack in Phase 1 as well? I would be able to finish reading the rest of the book with peace of mind knowing that the phase one can work for type one diabetics if there is a solution to this problem.

Appreciatively yours,

Victor Strugach,
Type One Diabetic

I have done this diet.  Cynthia has another I like better.  The cinch diet.  She answers all questions with email. My husband is on this with me.  He is a diabetic akso. He gets an extra snack in the evening.  You can ask her what she thinks.
Chef pawlet

Vegetarian Foods

Paulette Ann Leibowitz

I can answer almost any question asked of me as I have a vast knowledge of all food including my field of vegetarian cuisine. I have been a vegetarian my entire life and opened a vegetarian restaurant when I moved to Atlanta 18 years ago. I now run a personal chef business in Atlanta and all of my customers love my food. I also work on which is the culinary hotline for food questions. I spend most of my week answering questions from thousands of people about all types of food.

I have an Occupational Science Degree in the field of Culinary Arts from Johnson and Wales University in Providence, Rhode Island. I graduated in 1985. Since then I have been working and teaching people about food. I teach mostly vegetarian cooking classes however I use my food knowledge to help anyone I can.

President of my Temple Volunteer at PADV, Partnership against domestic violence, help women learn how to cook

Culinary Degree