Vehicle Lease vs Buy/adding window tint to leased car

Question
QUESTION: Would adding a legal window tint (done by a tint shop and not the dealer, because it would be much cheaper) be allowed under a lease agreement or would it be a problem at the end of the lease? Thanks

ANSWER: Prior to turning in your lease you will be invited in to do what they call a pre-inspection.  At that time you can show them the tint and ask if they would rather have the vehicle back with or without the tinted window.  If the answer is without then simply pay to have the tint removed.  
www.themercedeslady.com
www.being40plus.com

QUESTION: Wondered something about leasing...if I lease a car for 3-4 years and decide to buy it, does any of the money I paid monthly prior to that go towards the car? I thought that since it's like renting, none of it would, but I could be wrong. Thanks.

ps  overall, do you have a general opinion about leasing vs buying?

Answer
When leasing a car there are monthly payments that are predetermined. While in the lease contract you will make your agreed upon payment.  You may think of it as renting the vehicle, however, the great thing about a lease is at the end of the term there are options.

If you are buying the same vehicle with an agreed upon monthly payment and decide to payoff the contract by trading, selling, (or even in an accident). There is a balance that needs to be satisfied.

However, on the leased vehicle, after you have paid out your lease (finished renting the vehicle) you will have an option to purchase the vehicle for a predetermined amount.  Either you will agree that the amount is acceptable and consider purchasing or you will determine that the vehicle is NOT worth the value and you will walk away.  Free of any payments.

The great thing about a lease is you have choices.
~CB

Vehicle Lease vs Buy

Cheryl Bowman