Vehicle Lease vs Buy/oil changes

Question
The car I leased recommends oil changes every 5000k or 6 months, whichever comes first. With my old vehicle, I always had it done at 5000k, but since I drive so few miles, it was usually done every 9-12 months and I never had a problem. One, would doing it that infrequently be bad for the car (it's a turbo), and two, would it cause a problem when I turn it in by not following the 5000k/6 month recommendation? Thanks

Answer
How long have you had the vehicle thus far? How long is your lease? Is there a maintenance package included?

If you are already over on the miles, is the service light on?  Has the manufacturer suggested that you come in for an oil change?

When you signed up for your lease did you NOT purchase a maintenance program.  If you did services are included.

Yes you should follow the scheduled maintenance.  It could void your warranty if you do not.  

~The Mercedes Lady
www.carbuyingsecrets4women.com

Vehicle Lease vs Buy

Cheryl Bowman