Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Red Rash on Penis Could it be A STD


none89 wrote at 2011-05-20 10:46:29
looks like a fungus dude, just put an anti fungal cream like canesten anti fungal cream... you might have to apply it for about 3 to 4 weeks.. fungus be annoying hehe

Evan Evans wrote at 2011-06-20 19:40:50
This writer's question wasn't about getting his partner pregnant. The only thing you seem to be an expert at Diane, is missing the point completely and spending 4 out of 6 sentences on a subject having nothing to do with what the person was asking. You must be sexist to think answering a question from a guy about his penis must be met with a lecture on pregnancy, abstinence, birth control, and marriage. You've got your head up your own *** so much you don't even know what people are talking to you about. Start LISTENING, and project your own agenda when it isn't at someone else's expense.

ewawowa wrote at 2011-06-26 12:27:46
Diane what is the point of your answer? Dont have sex till your married?? WTF??  

Bruce wrote at 2011-06-29 18:37:11
Diane W, your answer is pathetic. You're not a medical doctor so you cannot diagnose but you think you can give moral advice that is not even requested? Is marriage a cure for STDs? What a ridiculous comment! What were you doing, watching pics of penises online and you stumbled across this one? Here's a guy who's seeking medical advice not a lecture for pete's sake! Keep your sermon for you congregation, lady.

that guy wrote at 2011-10-07 04:21:28
that wasnt mush of an awnser. he wanted to find out whats wrong with him, not you telling him he shouldnt have sex! also you went off about how there is no 100% garauntee for pregnencies? what was the point in that? that was random and off topic. in the future learn to give more valid awnsers, instead of your opinions.  

PenisMan wrote at 2011-11-29 09:42:25
It a Yeast Infection.  Use some Vagisil in the woman isle at the grocery store.  And make sure to wash your wang after sex to prevent this in the future.  Especially being you are not circumsized.  Your peepee just sat overnight with those juices and grew funk!  Good luck!

Nathan, CMA [AAMA] wrote at 2011-12-18 21:17:13
Wow. They answer you received was very bias and has nothing to do with your question. I actually have a similar condition, and upon researching, I discovered that this IS NOT a sexually transmitted disease. IT IS, however, a irritation of the skin caused by sexual activity. It is most common in uncircumcised men like ourselves, and is common. The name most commonly connected with this condition is Balanitis. In the most severe cases, it can cause inflammation of the head of the penis, and may prevent retraction of the foreskin. The rash you are experiencing can be cleared up in about 5-7 days by using an OTC anti-fungal cream. If you still are having issues, consult a dermatologist or urologist. Wearing a condom may help from obtaining this rash in the future. Also make sure to clean your penis daily, and thoroughly with a mild soap, and warm water. It may also be beneficial in telling your sexual partner to clean down there as well before sex (although this can come across as offensive, so be careful)

anon wrote at 2012-06-04 20:18:21
After having the same and visiting the doctor it is a yeast infection, just go to the urologist hell give you cream and itll go away, nothing to lose sleep about

Jamie k wrote at 2012-07-31 20:08:24
Diane offered a terrible response with no actual information. She sounds like a right winged nutjob pushing her agenda on you.

These bumps may just be from the friction caused during sex while not having enough lubricant. It should go away on its own.  

Josh wrote at 2012-11-24 11:09:56
I have a very similar rash on my penis. did you ever find out what this was? thanks..


Non Christian wrote at 2013-05-04 19:00:11
Diane, your an idiot!  Dont tell anyone to refrain from sex till ma,rage because its your religous belief!  Sex is safe using a condom.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




I will be out of town for a few days and won't be able to answer questions. If you would like to email me at I will answer you on my return. What's wrong with me? What should I do to prevent getting a disease? These are the kinds of questions I can answer for ladies or men. Please ask me any questions about STD's (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)that you would like to talk to a woman about. I'm not a medical professional but have 25 years of counseling experience. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME ANY PICTURES AS I CAN'T DIAGNOSE FROM PICTURES OVER THE INTERNET.


I have counseled young ladies for 25 years.

25 years counseling experience.

©2017 All rights reserved.