Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Question About STD Transmission

Question
I do have an additional question.  Here is my previous correspondence.  

-----------------------

I wash my hands a lot since I'm pretty much a germophobe.  My hands aren't bleeding raw, but when I put hydrogen peroxide on them, it fizzes up.  

Alcohol sanitizer doesn't burn my hands or anything, nor do they hurt or burn normally, but the fact that they fizz up with the hydrogen peroxide, I wonder if it means that they have very, very shallowly wounded skin on them.  This concerns me because, I am wondering if I use my hand to pleasure my new boyfriend, and he ejaculates on my hand and has a disease, will I contract it because my hands are somewhat raw?  Is that possible?  

I don't trust that my boyfriend is faithful yet, but I am starting to fall for him and want to satisfy him without going all the way sexually right now.  And before you ask, yes I'm an adult, I'm in college and I just want to wait until marriage to have sex/intercourse.  Can I get a disease if he ejaculates on my hand if he has an std?

Answer:    Hi Sheila,
Hydrogen peroxide fizzes many things it comes in contact with. The fizzing is from it's property to oxide things. The official explanation: "Hydrogen peroxide bubbles when it comes into contact with an enzyme called catalase. Most cells in the body contain catalase, so when the tissue is damaged, the enzyme is released and becomes available to react with the peroxide. Catalase allows hydrogen peroxide (H2O2 to be broken down into water (H2O) and oxygen (O2). The bubbles you see when you pour oxygen on a cut are bubbles of oxygen gas. Blood, cells, and skin bacteria (e.g., staphylococcus) contain catalase, but is usually not found in huge quantities on the surface of your skin so pouring peroxide on unbroken skin will not cause a lot of bubbling to take place.  

Hydrogen peroxide is also mildly acidic, and can therefore excessively dry skin.

My guess is that if you wash your hands with soap and water, and then pour hydrogen peroxide on them, they will not foam unless you have some injury to the skin. However if your partner ejaculates in your hand, you have very low risk of acquiring any type of sexually transmitted disease unless he has one that can be transmitted to you with a fresh cut or scratch to your skin. The foaming peroxide is unlikely to be due to an opening of your skin.

Good luck!
--mark

-----------------------------

Here is my continuing question.  I don't put peroxide on after I wash my hands.  I just wash them a lot with soap and water.  They are slightly dry, but I use lotion a few times a day, and like I said, they don't really hurt.  However, When hydrogen peroxide touches my hands, the entire palms fizz up.  This is why I think they might have some sort of mild injury from the frequent hand washing.

I discovered it when I was putting peroxide on a pimple and couldn't figure out why my entire finger kept fizzing up. It was never a big deal until I realized that it was probably a wound and HIV could enter through an open wound and other diseases possibly too.  My new boyfriend is really handsome and interesting to talk to and I want to explore our relationship.  Most of my friends say that even if he had a disease, there wouldn't be any risk of receiving a disease that way, but they are not doctors and their hands don't foam up with hydrogen peroxide.  I've tried not washing my hands as much and using more lotion.  It worked for one day, but then it got raw again when I returned to my normal grooming routine.  I'm just not sure.  Though I try to wash my hands less, it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Answer
Dear Sheila,

I'm not sure how I got your question since it looks like you were talking to Mark. I feel that this could be something to avoid. I am very overcareful about health matters so I always would like to be on the safe side. So I  wouldn't recommend this sexual practice. I also feel that one sexual act could lead to more. I congratulate you on trying to avoid regular sex. Write back if you want to talk to me more. But I did want to tell you that this question didn't get to Mark.
Here is my private email address.

DWooley97@aol.com

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

DW