Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Big bump on shaft of penis

Question
The bump
The bump  
About four days ago I woke up to this bump on my penis I put antibiotic and a bandage on it an the bump has went down a bit I also popped it with a needle because I read that in a post that's what one guy did an his went away. But when I did it a white liquid kind of puss came out. Just like if you pop a bad pimple on your face. I just want to know if this is a std or what it is. I did have unprotected sex about a week an a half ago. But if it was a std wouldn't there be more then just this? Help me please.

Answer
Hello Jack,
The bump looks like a localized pimple, rather than an STD. Moist heat and antibiotic ointment 2-3 times daily should help. You must NEVER insert a needle into intact skin, because the germs inside the skin can be driven deeper down into the tissues, causing cellulitis, a potentially serious infection of the skin that requires antibiotics. If the bump continues to enlarge and get worse, than this is a likely explanation.

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar