Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Glans color

Question
Hi Mark,

A couple months ago I was diagnosed with chlamydia. One of the symptoms was itching and red glans. After taking the treatment, the pain, itching, discharge and everything else went away and I tested negative afterwards. The only thing that disturbs me is that the upper side of my glans is still a bit more red than the sides of it. However, it doesn't itch, nor is it more sensitive. Sometimes it's not even visible, it becomes more visible after showering. I am uncircumcised and in my 20s.
Should I worry about this, even though there's no pain, itching, swelling or anything else? I read that the skin might take a couple months to fully regain its original color and that sometimes it happens that the colors will never again fully match up. I would attach a picture too, but I think it is too mild and it doesn't really show on the photo.
One more thing that might be important is that initially my doctor thought it was balanitis, so I was using antifungal cream for a while and that dried out my glans too much, so then I had to use some 1% hydrocortisone which solved that issue. Is it possible that the dryness did some harm too?

Thanks

Answer
Hi Trevor,
Redness by itself is only due to inflammation, thinner skin so underlying blood vessels are more apparent and make the skin look redder, or dilated blood vessels, which do the same. Chlamydia by itself is an inflammatory condition that can cause some redness, but more usually swelling and of course, a discharge. Don't be alarmed, as you do not have a recurrence of chlamydia-- unless you may have been reinfected!  

Skin fungi that commonly cause balanitis can also cause redness; steroid creams can also cause redness! And of course, normal variations in skin, sex, diet, etc., all can cause blood capillary dilation and redness.

Good luck!  I would not worry about it!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar