Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Herpes

Hi, thanks so much for taking the time to answer my question. I am a female, I have genital HSV1 and Ive been seeing someone who recently fingered me and we also rubbed against each other naked with genital to genital contact, he masturbated after touching me which has me concerned because later that day i experienced some prodromal symptoms, burning/tingling/itching which lasted about a week with no break out. My concern obviously is that I may have transmitted to him from this contact. Can you tell me if he could contract from touching me and then himself if i was shedding at the time? Im also worried he could get herpes whitlow? And, do you know how often I am likely to shed??? Thank you so much for your time.

Bella, I can't diagnose over the internet. I can't tell you when you are likely to shed. But I thought, from the information I have studied, that you could transmit at any time. Perhaps I should do some more research on this. Please email me at and I will do some research for you. Please put ALLEXPERTS in the subject line of your email. I would think that you would tell any partner about your condition. I would suggest waiting until marriage to have sex from now on. Let me know what you think.

Diane W.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

I will be out of town for a few days and won't be able to answer questions. If you would like to email me at I will answer you on my return. What's wrong with me? What should I do to prevent getting a disease? These are the kinds of questions I can answer for ladies or men. Please ask me any questions about STD's (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)that you would like to talk to a woman about. I'm not a medical professional but have 25 years of counseling experience. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME ANY PICTURES AS I CAN'T DIAGNOSE FROM PICTURES OVER THE INTERNET.

I have counseled young ladies for 25 years.

25 years counseling experience.