Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Penis Redness Irritation

Question
penis1
penis1  

penis2
penis2  

I have been having problems with redness and irritation on my penis for over a year now. During the past few months the redness has spread across my entire head and shaft of the penis. I've never had sex and I've used to masturbate quite a lot. I've stopped masturbating but it doesn't seem to get much better. Is it a normal irritation because of friction and what can I do to make ist heal or do I have something else?

Answer
Hello Juan,
The photo does not well show redness, and the skin does not appear irritated. The situation is obviously NOT caused by sex, or masturbation, so please do not refrain, if you are so inclined. You didn't mention whether the "irritation" has specific signs or symptoms, such as burning, itching, swelling, etc. In the absence of this, I suspect  you are only recognizing a normal variation in the actual skin. Just as you and your skin were different as a baby, and as a child, and adolescent...., it will continue to change as you age. That is a normal variation in the skin. I don't think I would worry about it!

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar