Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Red rash

Question
Red rash
Red rash  

Red rash
Red rash  
Hello,

I was wondering what this red rash is on my upper thigh? I have had it since August and have been to see my physician twice about it. She has recommended 2 different creams/ointments to aid in the recovery of the rash. Neither of these creams have worked for me at all.

About 7 months ago I was tested for STD's (blood work) and HIV - both tests came back negative. Since then, I have had sex a few times with one women, however, I always used protection.

My doctor said she would refer me to a dermatologist in the new year if the rash didn't go away. In the meantime any advice/insight would be greatly valued.

Thomas

Answer
I cannot diagnose over the internet or by pictures. You can transmit or receive an STD even if you use protection. No birth control method, even condoms, can protect 100% from STDs. If the doctor is sure that you do not have STD or HIV, then you have to find out what is the problem. Perhaps try another doctor or go to the dermatologist as recommended. Please let me know what happens. And refrain from sex at this time until you find out what you are dealing with.

Diane W.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

DW