Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Red rash / infection on penis head


Peter wrote at 2012-05-02 14:18:49
In my opinion it is a Thrush infection. Get Clotrimazole cream for Thrush and use it 3 - 4 times a day and after shower. You should use it for at least a week but better for 2 weeks to get your head heal properly. You don not have to pull your foreskin back all the time but make sure you apply the cream on your head and inside your foreskin.

SameProblem wrote at 2012-05-19 05:09:56
Hey there, it looks like you have the same thing that I have, except mine itches a lot. Were you ever able to cure it?

Dr. D wrote at 2013-01-30 17:29:06
It appears you have a male yeast infection. I get them every now and then especially if me and my wife have a lot of intercourse. You are uncircumcised so moisture builds up there quickly and drying after the shower is not enough, you should dry it multiple times a day. Your best bet however is to use monistat for women under your foreskin daily until the rash clears up. This does not appear to be an std, however refrain from sex/masturbation because it will aggravate the area and could pass a yeast infection to your partner. hope this helps. and remember after every sexual encounter either with a partner or solo make sure you clean each any every time.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




I will be out of town for a few days and won't be able to answer questions. If you would like to email me at I will answer you on my return. What's wrong with me? What should I do to prevent getting a disease? These are the kinds of questions I can answer for ladies or men. Please ask me any questions about STD's (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)that you would like to talk to a woman about. I'm not a medical professional but have 25 years of counseling experience. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME ANY PICTURES AS I CAN'T DIAGNOSE FROM PICTURES OVER THE INTERNET.


I have counseled young ladies for 25 years.

25 years counseling experience.

©2017 All rights reserved.