Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Do I have Herpes??

Question
Redness
Redness  

The Small blisters
The Small blisters  
I am 22 years old. I am from Eastern Washington in the united states. I had this rash a few months back, and I applied Tinactin and it went away about 4 days later. About 2 days ago it came back, but this time with a cluster of small blisters. The blisters do not itch or feel sore. I have no flu like symptoms either. The skin on my penis is also flaky and dry. My gf and I have had unprotected sex, but I am her first and only partner.  I on the other have had many partners, but always wore protection. I know that doesn't protect you from herpes, but my gf had a colposcopy a few months after I had the first outbreak, and it came back negative. She hasn't had any of the same symptoms, and I have asked my previous ex, if shes had any also, and she said none what so ever. I've seen some of the images on google, and I am really worried I may have herpes. Please help me determine my next step to getting rid of this rash.

Answer
Hello Robert,
It looks like you still have some skin fungus.  Not herpes! Change from Tinactin (tolnaftate) to Micatin (miconazole) or Lamisil (terbenifine), and continue for at least a week beyond the resolution of the symptoms. Sometimes, tiny fluid filled blisters may be herpes, but they may also be related to eczema, a condition known as dyshidrotic eczema.

Stop stressing about it!

Good luck!
--mark

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar