Sexually Transmitted Diseases/being on antibiotic for almost 2 month now

Question
QUESTION: Dear Doctor,
I have quite the same experience/suffer similar to below link cases too,
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Venereal-Diseases-2106/2011/1/STD-54.htm

where i felt some tingling or itchy feeling s as well.  Those weird feeling does stop when I took the week 1-week 8 antibiotic below but once the treatment stop, those weird feeling came back again. It’s been happening to me on and off for couple month now, hope there is some kind of medication that could help and cure my disease.
Meanwhile as for this week, i could still feel some tingling/cold sore feeling below even I am on medication.  That’s the very first time I got this symptoms with Medication (doctor claimed that it caused by the nerve system), would this be true? Or is it I am having some kind of drug resistance now?
Looking forward for your reply.
Thanks!

Week 1 – doxy and needle  (1st GP doctor)
Week 2 – levoflexin  (2nd doctor)
Week 3 – levofelxin (2nd doctor)
Week 4 – cedax / metronidazole 2 pills twice daily / doxy (3rd doctor)
Week 5  and 6 – Cedax/ metronidazole 2 pills twice daily / doxy (3rd doctor)
Week 7-9  - Cedax/ doxy/ cravit/ Augmentin (3rd doctor)
Week 10 & 11– same as above (now in the 3rd days)  - (3rd doctor)

ANSWER: Hello Tommy,
Have you been ejaculating daily or very frequently while on this antibiotic melange? Such ejaculation improves blood supply into the prostate, and perhaps one of these antibiotics will be effective if it's tissue perfusion is adequate.  However, one of the main reasons for antibiotic resistance of germs is inappropriate and extensive over prescribing of antibiotics for conditions NOT documented by laboratory tests. The itching and tingling you have are clearly from nerve stimulation, and what I would recommend is to complete all recommended antibiotics as directed, and then stop all new medications, continue to ejaculate (masturbation), and avoid constipation.

The only way to check for antibiotic resistance is to be re-tested.

Good luck!
--mark

QUESTION: Dear Mark,

Thanks! for the advice.

Hope the tingling feeling are really caused by the nerve stimulation.  Since the doctor recommend to stop those antibiotic in week 5.  But those weird feeling came back to me after 2 to 3 days.. so he decided and told me that i might need to take those antibiotic for as long as 6-8 months (just like his last patient).  

wondering is it hard to spot these disease with the laboratory test? since he mentioned that there is only 60-70% success rate for spotting them..most likely a false negative/positive.  

Thanks!!!! a lot!!!!
Tommy

Answer
Hi Tommy,
It depends on the tests that are competently ordered by your doctor, the actual tests that may be available in your country and at the doctor's office, and the ability to properly interpret test results. Incorrect tests may be used, and like with anything else, "garbage in, garbage out".  I cannot help you with details about this, because the specific tests and manufacturers of tests may be unique in your area and specifications that guide test use are available only by the clinical staff in that area.

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar