Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Bumps that burst and skin that came off

Question
close up of testicles
close up of testicles  

close up of testicles
close up of testicles  
About 7 days ago i had unprotected sexual intercourse with a woman and within 24 hours I started to get a irritating patch of red itchy bumps on the left side of my testicles. The night of me having intercourse i hand shaved my testicles and shaft. so i figured it was just irritated skin i put rubbing alcohol on it and something for jock itch and apparently in the night i had scratched the area and the skin had ben completely removed leaving behind a dime size area of raw very sore skin. for 3 or 4 days i had been treating the area with neospern and putting a small piece of tissue over the area to keep it from sticking to my thigh ( a band aid would not stay stuck on) for the first 2 days i believe i saw improvment and the bumps were gone but i noticed that the raw area was being irritated by hairs close by. so not thinking i decided to shave the hairs off and low and behold the little bumps came back again. i have no insurance and altho I'm sure i ll need to go see on i want to at least have a direction to go in besides just going to the hospital

Answer
Hello Lance,
Hard to say exactly what it might have been, but herpes is my first guess. It can occur rather quickly, and it may have been spread by your shaving. Neosporin antibiotic cream and ointment may cause MORE irritation and may be replaced by any other similar product without the ingredient "neosporin." ("Triple antibiotic" usually contains neosporin among two others, and should therefore be avoided.)  This may also be an infection with MRSA, methicillin resistant Staph aureus, a common skin germ. You may need to see an outpatient clinic, urgent care facility, dermatologist, or family doctor in a community health or STD clinic.

Good luck, and stop shaving the area with a razor; use an electric or battery operated "buzz" clipper if you need to.

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar