Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Does this look like herpes or something else?

Skin rash
Skin rash  
December 2012 - Have protected sex with a girl I assumed was clean and a few days later I had one bump on my penis and one bump in my pubic area. Assume it's nothing because they both went away after applying rubbing alcohol for a few days.

Over the course of the next few months I noticed paper cut like lesions in my pubic hair usually around my pubic hair follicle so I assumed it was folluculitus and applied anti-fungus medicine which seemed to be very effective.

I was symptom free for a few months up until late August when I noticed a blemish on my penis which freaked me out. Over the course of the last month and a half I've had non-stop blemishes on my penis which start off red and then eventually crust over.

I fell alseep last night feeling a little tingle on my penis but for the most part it seemed as though everything was going back to normal. Until I woke up this morning with my private area looking nasty and I am pretty worried about it.

My question to you is does this look like herpes or possibly another skin disorder?

I can't look at a picture and give you a diagnosis. You must go to your doctor and get a checkup. One thing I have to tell you is that there is no such thing as "protected" sex. No birth control method (including condoms) is 100% safe in preventing a sexually transmitted disease. So are you saying that you haven't had sex since then? I always advise no sex before marriage. Please let me know what happens.

Diane W.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

I will be out of town for a few days and won't be able to answer questions. If you would like to email me at I will answer you on my return. What's wrong with me? What should I do to prevent getting a disease? These are the kinds of questions I can answer for ladies or men. Please ask me any questions about STD's (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)that you would like to talk to a woman about. I'm not a medical professional but have 25 years of counseling experience. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME ANY PICTURES AS I CAN'T DIAGNOSE FROM PICTURES OVER THE INTERNET.

I have counseled young ladies for 25 years.

25 years counseling experience.