Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Possible Herpes, or just something else?

Question
I noticed this morning, after I woke up, that I had a cluster of small blisters on the shaft of my penis. This is after a day of having unprotected sex.
Because I rubbed against the blisters with my underwear, they burst. They are small, however,and:
-Did not itch at all, even before I noticed them today.
-No pain
-No redness on or around the area
-No flu like symptoms
-No head aches.
No other symptoms AT ALL, aside from the blisters themselves this morning.
As I search for images of "herpes outbreak", it looks very similar.

But, is there ANY other reason why someone would get blisters like these. (heat rash, or moisture, or tight underwear, etc.)

Answer
Yes, it's possible that there could be another cause but if you had sex, then it most likely could be a sexually transmitted disease. But usually, herpes or an STD would have pain. So I can't tell you but if it persists for a few days, you should go to your doctor and have an exam. Don't have sex at this time. In fact, I don't recommend sex when you are not married for this very problem. And there is really no such thing as "protected" sex. Condoms do not prove 100% safe in preventing sexually transmitted diseases. Let me know what happens. See your doctor as soon as possible.

Diane W.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

DW