Sexually Transmitted Diseases/risk of transmission

Question
QUESTION: I am Derik and I am from atlanta/USA. I visited a strip club a couple of days back and wanted to ask about an incident and whether I should get tested for HIV because of that visit. I am 23 years old male and some of my friends peer pressured me into visiting a strip club. I don't think I would visit one ever again. I had a couple of lap dances and this is why I am concerned.

I have a habit of biting my fingernails and one day before visiting the strip club I had bitten one of my fingernails quite deeply (you could see some redness after the nail was bitten and it hurt). A few hours before visiting the strip club I had two small cuts on one of my fingers. None of these cuts were actively bleeding at the time I visited the strip club but they were relatively fresh and would hurt. I was not involved with fingering any of the strippers during the lap dances. Could these cuts on my fingers be a risk HIV transmission during the lap dances? One more thing that is bothering me is that during one of the lap dances one of the strippers nipples went in my mouth a couple of times. Could this be a potential risk for HIV transmission?

Should I get tested for these two situations? I have been worrying about them and do not know what to do, please help me with this.

ANSWER: Hello Derik,
You are at very LOW risk for any transmission from your contact.  In order to break the habit of nail biting, you may wish to use one of the bad tasting pain on products designed for children. Good luck!

--mark

QUESTION: Hi Mark, thank you for your answer. I just wanted to mention that I was not involved in fingering any of the strippers. If this is a no risk situation then I should not get tested for HIV but if this is a very low risk situation for transmission, should I get tested for HIV? I am getting worried if I should get tested for this situation or not. Thank you for your advice. Derik.

Answer
Hi Derik,

No fingering, no risk! Fingering? Extremely LOW risk. What are you worried about? Little or no reason to be HIV tested, unless you wish to ease your consciousness.

[Sorry for typo previously. My last paragraph should have read:
You are at very LOW risk for any transmission from your contact.  In order to break the habit of nail biting, you may wish to use one of the bad tasting PAINT-ON products designed for children.]

Good luck!
mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar