Sexually Transmitted Diseases/stomach pain, STD?

Question
Greetings,

My name is Nick, I am a 22 year old male from NJ, USA. About 3 weeks ago I was with a provider off of crigslist. During the session the condom slipped off without me knowing for 5 or so minutes. Ever sine then i have been freaking out that i have caught some sort of STD.

I have not been having any sort of signs of common STD's that i look out. Such as headaches, fever, rashes and burning when peeing.

I have been having stomach pain and been ver worried thinking i might have caught a STD that i will forever regret in my life!

It feels like i need to pass gas or use the toilet but i cant/dont. I went for a blood test to get checked out for many STD including HIV but the results have not come back yet and its getting me a bit worried.

Maybe i am just stressing over this issue so much that is causing my to have stomach pain?!

Is it common for stomach pain to happen when you have a STD?

Answer
Hello Nick,
Your abdominal pain sounds very much like constipation, probably triggered by the stress that you have regarding your recent sexual encounter. That also accounts for the gas you have.

STDs include many different bacteria, viruses, fungi, protozoa, and skin parasites. Depending on the type of infectious agent, and what type of sex you may have had (oral, anal, vaginal, etc.), that will determine what type of symptoms you may experience. Some bacterial or viral infections of the lower abdominal tract (intestines) may cause terrible cramping. But, more likely, is constipation.

My guess, is that if you relieve the constipation, you'll stop your symptoms.

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar