Sexually Transmitted Diseases/sores on penis

Question
recently I had unprotected sex and received oral sex that was quite rough. Now I have 2 sores on my scrotum.  They are tender but appear to be healing. the person I had sex with went and got check and was clean, no issues. one is on top and one is on bottom.  I have used hydrogen peroxide to clean them but they still foam when it is applied. Also, my groin lymph nodes are slightly swollen and tender as well. I cannot find any pictures that look the same as what I have so could this be an STD?

Answer
Hi Sam,
It is difficult to assess something that I can't see, and since a photograph was not included, I can't speculate about what it might be. You mentioned that the person you had sex with "... got check and was clean, no issues."  Please do not use these expressions, because it means something different for everyone.  What tests? Just a gonorrhea and chlamydia test? A blood test for syphilis? A swab for herpes or MRSA?

MRSA, methicillin resistent staph aureus, is a common cause of painful bumps such as what you describe. MRSA is ordinarily not considered a sexually transmitted disease, although the germs can be spread through skin to skin contact.  MRSA can cause tender, enlarged/swollen lymph nodes. Hydrogen peroxide will not be helpful, however incision and drainage by a doctor, a prescriptive antibiotic such as Bactrim, and sometimes a topical antibiotic cream or ointment may be helpful. It sounds like this is the major cause of your bumps, and therefore needs medical attention.

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar