Sexually Transmitted Diseases/bumps on head of penis

Question
bumps
bumps  
bumps
bumps  
QUESTION: I recently noticed well today a row of bumps, itch like crazy but nothing else. I put some anti itch cream on it and it helped bur unsure of what it is. I will attach some photos thanks in advance.....

ANSWER: Hello Matt,
You didn't tell me about any recent sexual activities or skin-to-skin contact.  An itchy, bumpy, linear rash like you have in the top image may be scabies, a microscopic skin parasite that can be spread during sex or just sleeping together without sex. The bottom image looks a little less inflamed, but the corona (rim below the inked circle) looks irritated!  Do you have any itchy rashes anywhere else on the skin? An accurate diagnosis is needed to make sure the treatment is effective!

Good luck!
--mark

QUESTION: No rash anywhere else on the skin, however I did go to the ER today as I was worried that it could be a std, the said its not but its inflamed due to well alot of masturbation as I am recently single and the woman I met lives in another state. I got cephalexin and bactrine zinc cream spelling is incorrect I believe.

Answer
Hello Matt,
Too bad you went to the emergency department, as they treated you with an antibiotic (cephalexin) without evidence of your having an infection?  Did they do any tests or tell you there was evidence of an STD?  Inflammation from a excessive rubbing is not treated with an antibiotic! <sigh!> Emergency rooms are for EMERGENCIES. An STD may be uncomfortable, but it isn't an emergency requiring services of doctors who are not well trained in STDs. Emergencies are high fever, pneumonia, acute asthma, chest pain, appendicitis, broken bones, car accidents, traumatic injuries, etc.  Hopefully, everything will get better in spite of what they did. If the itching and rash persist, than you need to have your doctor consider scabies, and provide you with effective treatment.

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar