Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Possiblr std?

Question
Hello Mark, good day to you.

1. What are the possible causes for numbness in scrotum? I recently felt it 4-5 days ago, and also there's been a mild pain in testicle, but it goes away with ibuprofen. I don't have any discharge from penis, and also no pain or burning during urination.

2. What is swollen lymph nodes in the groin look alike? How to self diagnose for it? I feel a little pain in my right groin area, but the doctor that diagnose me before said it is possibly from edema cause there's kinda swelling due to intramuscular injection. And im still worried about it.

3. I have a yeast infection under my scrotum for 3 months now and it started to heal, but I'm still worried if it might be undiagnosed herpes coz its kinda take a long time to heal. I dont see any bumps or blisters around it, just a dry peeling skin and itchy before this. Also responded well to terbinafine cream.  Is it still possible if this might be herpes?

Thanks for your reply and God bless you.

Answer
Hello Mr. Nash,
You didn't really provide me with enough information about yourself-- your age, your sexual orientation and activity, your exercise status and bicycle use, etc.

Numbness in the scrotum is usually due to pressure on the perineal nerve, but anything wrong in the testicles, penis, scrotum, anus, prostate may be responsible for such numbness. Riding a bicycle with a bad seat can do it!!

Swollen glands (lymph nodes) may be noticed under the jaw and in the neck, under the armpits, in the groin, and other places. You may feel a tender bump that is somewhat deeper than a skin pimple or abscess. Infection in the skin anywhere, can cause a swollen and painful lymph node in a nearby or adjacent area. Certain STDs such as syphilis may also cause swollen lymph nodes (known as "buboes").

I do not know what you mean that swollen lymph nodes may be caused by edema (which is swelling) from an intramuscular injection. This is unlikely. If you developed an infection from an injection, than a deep tissue infection such as cellulitis, may cause swollen lymph nodes.

Herpes does not last for 3 months continuously. The yeast infection that you have, may not have been treated correctly with the medication you used; several skin fungal infections are resistant to typically prescribed medications, although terbenifine is usally very good.

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar