Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Ureaplasma urealyticum

Please help me. My girlfriend and I were going through a very difficult time and I was unfaithful. Both myself and the girl I had sex with had std check and everything came back negative. I went to the doctor last week and been having lower abdomen pain and real urgency to urinate. My paranoid head decided to do an std test with online private clinic and I tested positive for ureaplasma urealyticum. The clinic has prescribed antibiotics. I decided to go to local gum clinic in scotland for advise and they could not offer any support or advice as they don't test for ureaplasma urealyticum. I went to my gp and gp said the same thing. So now I am completely could fused what to do. Should I take antibiotics? Should I tell my partner as far as gum clinic is concerned I can continue to have Sex as normal. Could I have got this from the girl I slept with? I don't want to be passing anything on to anyone. In scotland it's not classed as std. I'm so confident fused. Please help

I would recommend at this point to not have sex. You really don't know what you have and you wouldn't want to pass anything on, as you have stated. I will have to do some research about your diagnosis as I am not familiar with that. Do you have a prescription for antibiotics? You can email me at and I will try to find out what I can.

Diane W.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

I will be out of town for a few days and won't be able to answer questions. If you would like to email me at I will answer you on my return. What's wrong with me? What should I do to prevent getting a disease? These are the kinds of questions I can answer for ladies or men. Please ask me any questions about STD's (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)that you would like to talk to a woman about. I'm not a medical professional but have 25 years of counseling experience. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME ANY PICTURES AS I CAN'T DIAGNOSE FROM PICTURES OVER THE INTERNET.

I have counseled young ladies for 25 years.

25 years counseling experience.