Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Genital warts

Question
Im going to try to make a very long story short. Basically my fiance and I have been together for 5 years, about 2 years ago he apparently got bumps on his "junk" and since we usually fool around in the dark I never really noticed them.
   I read that it can take 2 years for them to show but this took almost 3 and he says he was not seeing anyone for almost a year before we met. He has had one wart on his finger for a while now and says he used to get them on his hand but I find it odd that they would travel to the penis area.
   My questions are, since he has had warts on his hands all his life could they have traveled to his penis? since he got them 3 years after we were together and over 4 years since his last relationship would he have had to have been seeing someone else aside from me and his last girlfriend to get them? and if I was given the HPV shot am I clear from getting them or am I still at risk for it?
   I had a baby about 15 months ago while pregnant and since then I have been checked regularly and Im good (so far). But I have been getting weird skin colored painful bumps on my lower side of my pointer finger, not sure if they are warts.

Answer
Dear Amber, thanks for your question. I would recommend that you go to the doctor and see about the bumps on your finger. I would also recommend that you try to get your boyfriend to go to a doctor and get a checkup on his problem. I would not have sex with him because of the chance that he has a sexually transmitted disease. Are you considering marriage? I would not get married or have sex until he gets thoroughly checked. Let me know what happens. You can email me eat DWooley97@aol.com

Diane W.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

DW