Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Possible STD or maybe Yeast infection

Question
Calloused looking head
Calloused looking head  

Red spots on head
Red spots on head  
I am a 20 year old male from Los Angeles

About 3 months ago I had unprotected sex with a woman. Shortly afterwards I noticed the head of my penis was itching. It itched for a few days then the itching subsided a bit. But occasionally it will itch again. I've also found that I have a few red bumps on my penis. They don't contain any fluid nor do they hurt at all. Almost all of the bumps are invisible when my penis is flaccid except for a few. I find I often have thick cheesy like material under my foreskin, and when I masturbate the meatus region gets very calloused and wrinkled looking like I've included in the images. I have never had any burning during urination. I also have these 3 red bumps bunched together on the left side of the area of the head near the frenulum I was wondering if that is anything to be concerned about they don't itch or hurt either and they aren't fluid filled either.

Please help me I'm losing my mind over this! I suspect it may be balanitis or yeast infection and I read somewhere that yeast infection may be an indicator of a weakened immune system so I tested for HIV two days ago and it was negative but I haven't tested for anything else. I haven't yet seen a doctor about this.

Answer
Hello Jacob,
You may have a mild irritation of the glans and foreskin called "balanitis" with the usual cause being a skin fungus. NOTHING to freak about. Use a topical cream for athlete's foot, such as terbinefine (Lamisil), tolnaftate (Tinactin), miconazole (Micatin). Clean the skin when showering daily, with just plain water, no soap, and after fully dried, apply the cream. Give yourself a week or two of this therapy, and everything should return to normal. It is NOT a STD. And it is certainly nothing to lose your mind over. Yeast balanitis is NOT usually associated with a weakened immune system; thrush (which involves the mouth and throat), may be.  That's why you should see a knowledgeable health care provider, who can reassure and inform you.

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar