Sexually Transmitted Diseases/rash on penis

Question
Penis image 1
Penis image 1  

Penis image 2
Penis image 2  
Hello, I'm 22 years old. I had sex with my girlfriend both regular and oral and the next day red little bumps appeared on the head of my penis and on the skin covering the head. They itch and a thin layer of white skin comes off. This happened one more time about a year ago I think. Another thing, I have small white little lumps on the ring of the head and I don't know what they are.. I have them for years but when I asked a doctor he said ''it's nothing''. What do I have to do for thins not to happen again? What are the causes? I have a good hygiene. It's very stressful...
Thank you,
Jim

Answer
Hello Jim,
It appears you have balanitis, an inflammation and infection of the skin of the glans and foreskin of the penis, with a skin fungus. Oral sex exposes the moist underside of the penile foreskin to certain digestive enzymes in saliva. Vigorous oral sex may cause the condition you are experiencing.

Wash the skin with only water (no soap), and then apply an antifungal cream such as terbinefine (Lamisil), miconazole (Micatin), or tolnaftate (Tinactin) twice daily. These are available in the athletes foot section at the pharmacy, although I do not know if these products are available in your country. Avoid rough rubbing until healed.

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar