Sexually Transmitted Diseases/HPV Warts or Squamous Papillomatosis?


Vaginal Opening
Vaginal Opening  
I am a 24 year old female who has Hashimoto's Disease, which has also caused a hormonal imbalance.  When I was diagnosed with the disorder 6 months ago, I had significantly low estrogen, testosterone, and progesterone. Since then, I have been on 50mg progesterone pills taken twice daily, and thyroid medication.

I have never had sexual intercourse, but I have had oral sex with 3 individuals.  

3 months ago, I gave and received oral sex ONCE with an  individual.  A week or so later, I came down with the flu and then started suffering from what seemed to be a yeast infection. I have never had a yeast infection before.

I experienced extreme itching and burning around the entrance of my vagina and lower half of my vulva, but no discharge. I immediately panicked and thought that I had contracted an STD.  Upon inspection, I noticed finger-like growths around the entrance of my vagina.  I'm not sure how long they'd been there, but I'm almost 100% certain they are new.  The yeast infection medicine seemed to work, and I tried to ignore the finger-like growths.  

Fast forward 3 months, and I looked at my vulva again because I could still feel the growths.  Now, they feel bigger.  I have noticed that they seem to feel smaller at times and then larger again.  I'm really scared that I have HPV warts, but I'm hoping it's just squamous papillomatosis.  

I have attached a picture.  Please let me know your honest opinion.  I'm freaking out!  Thanks.

Hi Lily, Thanks for your question. I can understand your concern. However, I cannot diagnose over the internet or by pictures. You must go to your doctor as soon as possible and have a checkup. This could be serious or not but it's wise to find out for sure. You didn't really say if you went to a doctor and got a prescription for yeast medication or if you bought the medication over the counter. Please let me know what happens and of course, refrain from sex. You can email me privately at

Diane W.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




I will be out of town for a few days and won't be able to answer questions. If you would like to email me at I will answer you on my return. What's wrong with me? What should I do to prevent getting a disease? These are the kinds of questions I can answer for ladies or men. Please ask me any questions about STD's (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)that you would like to talk to a woman about. I'm not a medical professional but have 25 years of counseling experience. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME ANY PICTURES AS I CAN'T DIAGNOSE FROM PICTURES OVER THE INTERNET.


I have counseled young ladies for 25 years.

25 years counseling experience.

©2017 All rights reserved.