Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Penis line? Bump?

Question
The line on penis head
The line on penis head  

penis line
penis line  
I have this strange line on the head of my penis. Hurts only when brushed against the line, not when you go up or down it. Doesn't hurt to urinate or ejaculate. In fact with an erection it doesn't hurt at all when touched.Doesn't hurt like its chaffing.I have had this for about a week and a half now.I haven't been sexually active for almost 2 years. I live in the United States in Portland. I will be 21 in a few months. It doesn't seem to be an STD to me but your the expert. I have been playing the wait and see game instead of going to a doctor. So what is it?  thanks for your help!

Answer
Hi John,
The sensitivity of the "line" on that connects the tip of  your penis with the underside towards the frenulum (collection of skin at the junction of the head/glans and the shaft) may be an anatomic variation, with some nerve endings that are overly sensitive to touch. I think I would apply a moisturizing ointment (oil based) such as petroleum jelly, vitamin A&D, or an antibiotic ointment (any brand-- not for the antibiotic, but for the ointment!) twice daily for a week or so.

It does NOT seem to be related to an STD. Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar