Sexually Transmitted Diseases/what is this? Herpes?

Question
about a month ago I noticed a bruise ado thats all it was. continued to have sex (about everyday) and its started hurting no big deal I know what that is. later it got real dry and I noticed red spots just below the head and at the bottom of my penis. still figured it was just friction sores so didn't slow down. the sores never opened up except for the first on ado they didn't crust over just dry skin peeled off. I started using lotion a little over a week ago and it healed nicely just looked like new skin so had alittle rough sex and after that the areas around the red spots were inflamed and it the pain wasnt bad to the touch but my penis felt weird and the next day it was back to what it was before the lotion. now 4 days later it is healed to the same point. do you think it could be herpes? my girlfriend has not shown any signs.

Answer
Hello "Johnathna" (Jonathan?),
Sounds like you are NOT circumcised, which means the underlying skin of the head/glans and underside of the foreskin, may be more susceptible to friction related injury, especially if certain types of lubricants (or no lube) are used. Your problem may be that you didn't permit full healing of the skin before resuming sex, and the fragile skin was re-injured. I would switch to a silicone based lubricant, and to hold off on "rough" sex until everything is fully healed. You may also have a bit of a fungal infection of the skin, but this is not easy to diagnose without photographs or more information. It does NOT sound like herpes, since herpes usually does not have these types of symptoms. The best way to know for sure, is to be examined by a knowledgeable health care provider!

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar