Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Concerned about inflammation on penis


Penile shaft
Penile shaft  
Hello DR. DW,

I am concerned about an inflamed spot on my penis shaft (please find attached picture). I am worried whether it could be an STD.
I am 22 years old, and rather sexually active.
I am currently not covered by any health insurance and therefore just want to get some peace of mind before hand.

Looking forward to your input.

I cannot diagnose over the internet or by pictures. YOu must go to your doctor and get a checkup. I would recommend not having sex when you are not married. You can get a sexually transmitted disease. Studies are showing that there is no 100% safe method of sex to avoid diseases. Please consider my statement. Let me know what happens.

Diane W.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




I will be out of town for a few days and won't be able to answer questions. If you would like to email me at I will answer you on my return. What's wrong with me? What should I do to prevent getting a disease? These are the kinds of questions I can answer for ladies or men. Please ask me any questions about STD's (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)that you would like to talk to a woman about. I'm not a medical professional but have 25 years of counseling experience. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME ANY PICTURES AS I CAN'T DIAGNOSE FROM PICTURES OVER THE INTERNET.


I have counseled young ladies for 25 years.

25 years counseling experience.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]