Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Rash

Question
vag
vag  

vag2
vag2  
I had two parallel bug bite looking bumps on my butt cheek and I popped/scratch them and now I have a rash around my vagina. Is this an STD? Or could it be razor burn? It's not itchy but I scratch them then they turn red and I scratch too hard so it becomes a sore. When it scabs up I always pick them.

Answer
Hello Blake,
You have several bumps on the inner sides of your thighs adjacent to the vaginal area, shown in the photos. The photos look like warts (HPV), or hair bumps (which should have hair within). I would avoid shaving with a straight edged razor and use a buzz cutter with a hair guard so the hair is allowed to grow about 1/16 to 1/8" off the skin, to allow the skin to properly heal. If these are warts (can't quite tell with the photo), than the virus can't spread to freshly injured skin from shaving.

You may also have additional bumps not shown on your "butt cheek" (what you sit on!), but your description sounds different that what is shown here. This may be infected pimples or abscesses, that may require antibiotic treatment.

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar