Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Std? Yeast?

Question
Std?
Std?  
A few days after receiving unprotected oral sex my penis started to burn and was red. 3 week after my dermatologist diagnosed it as a yeast infection and it improved with treatment. Out
Of worry at 53 days I tested negative for HIV,
Syphilis, gonorrhea, chlymadia, and herpes 1 and
2 IGM and IGG.

At 128 days I tested negative for hiv, syphilis,
Gonorrhea, and chlymadia again.

The redness seems to re occur, however I never had any other symptoms that would suggest an std I'm just worried since it keeps coming back. At some points the opening around the penis is red and so is the foreskin when pulled back.

Could this be herpes?

Answer
Hi Bob,
The skin lesion looks like recurrent yeast, and the antifungal may not be used for long enough to accomplish an effective cure, or the antifungal needs to be a different product, since some skin fungi are resistant to the commonly prescribed ones. Sometimes, underlying conditions such as diabetes may predispose to recurrent skin fungal infections.

It does not look like herpes, and of course, all of your labs were negative for the common STDs, so I would not worry about them!

Good luck!
mark

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar