Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Bubble at tip of penis

Question

I've had a bubble at the tip of my penis for as long as I can remember.  It's clear, almost feels like theres a fluid in there.  It doesn't hurt or bother me, it just makes urinating difficult.  I've never had sex before and I just don't know how or why it is there.  I thought maybe it could have appeared because I'd been hit with a ball or something like that a while back.  I was just wondering if there was anything I could do or am i in some type of danger as I fear it may be an std.  what would be the best course of action.

Thanks in advance

Answer
Hello James,
If you have never had sex with anyone, than it couldn't be a sexually transmitted infection, which really requires sex with an infected person. Sex means any naked skin to skin contact involving your mouth, penis or anus with another person's mouth or genitals or other body parts.

Also, any type of infection, including most STDs, cause sufficient tissue inflammation so that you have some recognizable signs or symptoms (redness, swelling, rash, itching, pain, bump, etc.) that progresses or regresses, but usually does not persist in the same form. A consistent blister like defect initially sounds like the virus herpes, but this requires prior infection. Since you may have traumatized the area in some manner, the more likely possibility is a friction blister or cystic structure or some other normal variation in the skin that you may be unfamiliar with.  

The best course of action is to either have a doctor examine you, or see if a period of time makes it go away by itself.

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar