Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Spot of Discoloration on Penile Shaft

Question
Spot
Spot  
QUESTION: Age 17
Country - US

Hello, 2 months ago I noticed this small patch on penis. At first it would get dry like fungas, and also silvery. I would put water on it and that would solve it. That eventually went away about a month ago and it has since not changed a bit other then a normal colored streak running through the middle, and maybe a bit lighter. I am sexually active, but always protected sex with a condom. I do have bad fungus on my feet, and the circular spot did look like that at first, but now has since faded and is just a spot. I also have eczema, but this spot does not react to the same cream I use for eczema. Any idea what this is? Thanks

ANSWER: Hi Stephen,
Looks fine to me. The photo does not show any obvious pigmentary changes in the skin. Since you do have a foot fungus (tinea pedis), it is possible to also have a fungus elsewhere, such as on your penis or other areas of the skin. The cream used for eczema can cause skin fungal infections to worsen, so I would avoid using unless certain that your rash is really eczema.

Good luck!
--mark

QUESTION: Alright, Thank you! I guess the follow up question would be, since this is not an STD, does this discoloration look to be like some sort of fungas? I am going to the doctors in a few days, but I do have a tendency to get mad anxiety over things such as this and just want to have some peace of mind :P

Thanks once again!

Answer
Hello Again, Stephen,
The photo is not explicit enough to say one way or another whether it is a fungus. Although there are many types of skin fungi, many skin fungal infections usually appear with a pale central area, and a redder more elevated periphery. In order to know for sure, you need to stretch the skin tight, and have examined under a bright light and magnification.  As I said previously, this is NOTHING to freak about!

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar