Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Std? skin missing

Question
shaft skin missing and dark spot
shaft skin missing and  

dark reddish spot
dark reddish spot  
Hi Mark,
    Im 23 and on my penis I notice a dark reddish spot and there is like skin missing. I dont feel pain sometime I notice a slite burn when I pee. I got checked and was told I was fine and clean and it was some type of wart. So idk I really need your advice if this is a std or something that needs to be dealt with. I want it to look normal again.

Answer
Hi James,
The good news is that you don't have an STD, and I presume that it does NOT interfere with your ability to have an erection or ejaculate.

The bad news is that you may not win any beauty contests! It appears to be a scar from an injury that may have happened in the past. Such things could be a circumcision scar, trauma from picking at something repeatedly, severe skin infection from folliculitis or an abscess, among others.

A more thorough history from a dermatologist or urologist may help you determine exactly what caused it and whether the skin can regain a "normal" appearance.

I personally would not worry about this unless you do have some anxiety or malfunction.

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar