Sexually Transmitted Diseases/bumps on penis

this is the worst
this is the worst  

ok! so im 19 and i have these weird bumps on my penis, they have been there along time ago probably around 6 years but i never really paid any attention to it but lately a ring of little bumps have started to firm around the bottom of the head. I never said anything to nobody but now, like 2 weeks ago i had sex with a female and at the moment we were starting of i shoved my penis in her vagina which was dry, i felt an instant little pain then i noticed blood, i ran to the bathroom then realized the back of my foreskin had tore and there was a lot of blood so i stood in the shower like about 15 minutes till i noticed it stopped bleeding, then proceeded with sex again not minding the pain then i realized there was more blood so i ran to the shower again and saw the same spot bleeding. Nothing strange after that, after a few days i had sex again this Sunday only this time wearing a condom and saw things the same, i didnt really look at my penis yesterday as i showered but now today "Tuesday" on my early morning bath i realized alot of bumps on my penis head with some white little "head" and little burn when i pee. please help me and tel me what i have!

Hi Brandon,
The 1 mm bumps appear to be what has been known as "subclinical HPV" that may be easier to see after soaking the skin with plain white table vinegar. If these bumps turn much whiter in comparison to the surrounding skin than it is likely to be warts.

It may have been somewhat unwise to resume sex after injuring your penis and having active bleeding, even if it stopped quickly. Bleeding signifies an opening in your skin and an increased susceptibility to spreading blood and skin borne germs to your partner, and an increased susceptibility to get infected from germs in your partner or elsewhere. Adequate lubrication, such as with a silicone lubricant, may help minimize such injury. Such injuries involving the foreskin may occur more frequently, which is why some medical people advocate circumcision.

If these 1 mm bumps spread or get larger, than I would seek medical care to discuss management options.

Good luck!

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar

Almost any question or concern about gay men's health issues, sexually transmitted infections, abnormal Pap smears, anal cytology (anal "Pap smears"), etc. There is no such thing as “d/d free” or “clean” (free of infection), so why do so many of us deceive ourselves into thinking that some people are indeed totally free from a potentially infectious disease, like HIV, herpes, hepatitis, syphilis, chlamydia, warts, gonorrhea, etc., just because they say so? Clinical laboratory tests are not perfect, and having a “negative” or “nonreactive” test does not mean that a person is free from infection. Perhaps at the moment the test was taken, the person was uninfected; or, perhaps, the test wasn’t sensitive enough to detect presence of the infection. There is really no way that anyone can determine that they are truly “disease free,” and there are over a hundred of infectious conditions that can be spread without your knowing anything. Rather than trying to “pre-screen” or “serosort” a potential sex-mate with deceptive questions that are impossible to know by today’s technologies, a wiser option may be to consider everyone infected with something, and either use appropriate protective measures (“safer sex”), or accept the responsibility and consequences of possibly “catching” something from someone who’s hotter than expected (pun intended!). There is much research that supports the contention that an HIV positive person reliably taking HIV medications, and having an undetectable viral load, presents a lower risk for transmission of HIV than people who may think or say they are HIV negative, but are not. Food for thought!

Family Practice PA since 1981; Volunteer Clinician for Brady East STD (BESTD) Clinic, Milwaukee, since 1977; answered STD questions submitted to their web site. Professionally lectured at national and regional Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner conferences, and at national gay & lesbian health conferences on topics including HIV/AIDS, herpes, hepatitis, STDs, human papilloma virus (the cause of venereal warts), abnormal Pap smears, gay and lesbian health issues, among others.

Co-Founder, Lesbian, Bisexual, & Gay Physician Assistant Caucus of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, Inc.; American Academy of Physician Assistants; Wisconsin Academy of Physician Assistants; National Co-Chair (2012-16), National Association of Black and White Men Together: A Gay, Multiracial Organization for All People (NABWMT)

Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants (JAPA) Q Visions, Quarterly Newsletter of the NABWMT

Bachelor's of Arts, 1972 (University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI) Graduate Credits Experimental Psychology, 1972-75 (Tulane University, New Orleans, LA) Physician Assistant, Bachelor's of Science, 1981 (George Washington University, Washington, DC); Masters in Physician Assistant Studies, 2000 (University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE)

Colposcopy Recognition Award (CRA), the American Association of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology; Distinguished Fellow, Clinical Preceptor, American Academy of Physician Assistants; Fellow, Wisconsin Academy of Physician Assistants

Brady East STD Clinic, Milwaukee, WI Milwaukee Health Services, Inc. (Martin Luther King Heritage Health Center), Dept. of Family Medicine and Early Intervention Program for HIV Infected Persons