Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Mixing blood together

Hi my name is David, I am 41 years old and I live in Canada. I have a pretty weird question for you. Please don't think I'm weird...I really need an answer to this question and I know you guys will provide me with honest answer. I am what people call a bug chaser which means I am seeking infections like gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, etc... I am already HIV positive. What I am really seeking is to become infected with Hep C. I've given this a lot of thought and this is what I want. I'm driven by a compulsion that is stronger than I am and I know I'm not the only one. I'd like to know what amount of blood can be safely mixed together. My intentions were to extract a small amount of blood from a friend who has HIV and Hep C and then inject it into myself to ensure infection but I don't want to kill myself in the process. I've tried to get infected through unprotected sex but it didn't work. Now, I want to ensure I get infected. So I'm wondering what a safe amount would be. 1 ml's, 2 ml's, 3 ml's? Is the amount of blood in the needle after insertion enough to ensure infection? What if we both cut ourselves a little and rubbed the cuts together? I'm going to do this but I want to do it safely without killing myself.

Hi David,
You have a serious mental disability that requires psychiatric care. The obsession to become infected with multiple diseases is self destructive, and may be viewed as suicidal. How is it different from putting a plastic bag over your head or choking yourself to see what asphyxiation is like, or jumping off a bridge to see how it feels to break your leg and back?  Giving things a lot of thought, when the thought is essentially flawed is STILL FLAWED.

If you want to experience life, attend to your mental health. If not for your sake, for the sake of your family and friends who like or love you.

Get help now.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar

Almost any question or concern about gay men's health issues, sexually transmitted infections, abnormal Pap smears, anal cytology (anal "Pap smears"), etc. There is no such thing as “d/d free” or “clean” (free of infection), so why do so many of us deceive ourselves into thinking that some people are indeed totally free from a potentially infectious disease, like HIV, herpes, hepatitis, syphilis, chlamydia, warts, gonorrhea, etc., just because they say so? Clinical laboratory tests are not perfect, and having a “negative” or “nonreactive” test does not mean that a person is free from infection. Perhaps at the moment the test was taken, the person was uninfected; or, perhaps, the test wasn’t sensitive enough to detect presence of the infection. There is really no way that anyone can determine that they are truly “disease free,” and there are over a hundred of infectious conditions that can be spread without your knowing anything. Rather than trying to “pre-screen” or “serosort” a potential sex-mate with deceptive questions that are impossible to know by today’s technologies, a wiser option may be to consider everyone infected with something, and either use appropriate protective measures (“safer sex”), or accept the responsibility and consequences of possibly “catching” something from someone who’s hotter than expected (pun intended!). There is much research that supports the contention that an HIV positive person reliably taking HIV medications, and having an undetectable viral load, presents a lower risk for transmission of HIV than people who may think or say they are HIV negative, but are not. Food for thought!

Family Practice PA since 1981; Volunteer Clinician for Brady East STD (BESTD) Clinic, Milwaukee, since 1977; answered STD questions submitted to their web site. Professionally lectured at national and regional Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner conferences, and at national gay & lesbian health conferences on topics including HIV/AIDS, herpes, hepatitis, STDs, human papilloma virus (the cause of venereal warts), abnormal Pap smears, gay and lesbian health issues, among others.

Co-Founder, Lesbian, Bisexual, & Gay Physician Assistant Caucus of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, Inc.; American Academy of Physician Assistants; Wisconsin Academy of Physician Assistants; National Co-Chair (2012-16), National Association of Black and White Men Together: A Gay, Multiracial Organization for All People (NABWMT)

Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants (JAPA) Q Visions, Quarterly Newsletter of the NABWMT

Bachelor's of Arts, 1972 (University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI) Graduate Credits Experimental Psychology, 1972-75 (Tulane University, New Orleans, LA) Physician Assistant, Bachelor's of Science, 1981 (George Washington University, Washington, DC); Masters in Physician Assistant Studies, 2000 (University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE)

Colposcopy Recognition Award (CRA), the American Association of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology; Distinguished Fellow, Clinical Preceptor, American Academy of Physician Assistants; Fellow, Wisconsin Academy of Physician Assistants

Brady East STD Clinic, Milwaukee, WI Milwaukee Health Services, Inc. (Martin Luther King Heritage Health Center), Dept. of Family Medicine and Early Intervention Program for HIV Infected Persons