Sexually Transmitted Diseases/red spots

Question
red welts
red welts  
QUESTION: Hi Mark.  I had unprotected sex with a female twice a day for 8 days straight and these symptoms appeared 2 days after our last encounter (I see her 3 times a year, she lives outside of the country).  We are monagmous and have been for several years.

At first I felt a sensitive area at the base of the shaft like from a rug burn.  I'm fairly sure the skin was irritated from not enough lube.  There was one area that was particularly red and I started messing with it noticed a small scab dot.  Then I got paranoid and started messing with another area and started pinching every strange thing I saw, resulting in what looks like 3 welts or insect bites.

I have no other symptoms at all.  No fever, no discharge, and when I pinched the red areas to see if they were pimples there was a very very slight clear fluid.

Please help!

I'm 46 years old

ANSWER: Hello Keith,
The rash you have does not show very well in the photograph. It may be due to friction, or a reaction from the lubricant used, a mild contact irritation from the oil or preservatives or other constituents of the lube used.  If there is any itching, than you may have a skin mite known as scabies, which can be sexually transmitted.

It may too late to correctly identify the problem, but moist heat applications, followed by antibiotic ointment may help it heal. Try silicone based lubricants in the future. Find a free STD clinic in your area to have the routine syphilis & HIV blood tests (which I doubt you have), and gonorrhea/chlamydia urine test for screening.

Good luck!
--mark

second pic
second pic  
QUESTION: Mark thank you for your quick response!  I have attached a better picture.  Again, they started off as two medium areas of red that were raised....like an insect bite.  When I squeezed them the hole in the center appeared.  They haven't gotten better or worse, just stayed the same.  Does this look like herpes?

Answer
Hello Again, Keith,
Thanks for the much better photos. These do NOT look like herpes. They look like a localized staph infection causing a folliculitis. Moist heat applied to the area, followed by antibiotic ointment should resolve the problem. Don't squeeze the areas, as that action can drive the infection deeper into the tissues.

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar