Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Spot under foreskin

Question
Spot on foreskin
Spot on foreskin  
Hi Mark, worried patient here!

5 weeks ago i had sex with a lady who i dont know that well. Penetrative vaginal sex was protected using a condom but oral (me receiving) was not protected the day after i noticed flat red spots and panicked, so i used canesten thrush cream and it seemed to clear up within two weeks. 8 days after the encounter i did the sensible thing of going to a sexual health clinic where i tested negative for Gonoreah and also chlamydia... I was happy with this so i started to have safe sex with my gf again however 5 weeks down the line i have got a coldsore on my bottom right corner of lip but not actually touching my lip and after sex with my gf i noticed a weird red spot under foreskin near the blood vessels, im extremely worried that i have caught genital and or oral herpes off this lady? The coldsore at first i thought was a spot as it was raised and i squeezed it and scratched it, it is now sore and more cold sore like, i remember having a coldsore maybe 10 years ago but nothing since! Im not sure what to do now? I have booked in to docs on monday and also sex health clinic to hopefully test for herpes but im concerned that they cant tell the difference between oral and genital? I want to get back to normal and have unprotected sex with my longtime gf but im so worried i have something

Please reply as soon as you can with any advice

Thanks

Dave aged 24 England

Answer
Hello Dave,
Herpes looks the same on the mouth or lip and the penis/genitals. It can be missed, but the photograph does not look like herpes. Coldsores are another name for herpes of the mouth.

You've used an antifungal cream without benefit, and you already tested negative for gonorrhea and chlamydia.

Do not squeeze or scratch these areas, as that in itself can cause more skin problems.

Follow through with the clinic, and be reassured as to what they tell you.

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar