Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Pimple on penis?

Question
Pic2
Pic2  
Pic1
Pic1  
QUESTION: I've had 3 partners last year and got tested after 2. It's been about 4 months since interactions with my last partner and a week or so ago I noticed a pimple on the left side of my penis. I was wondering if this is normal or something to get checked out. I have no pains or anything.  
Thanks for all the help!

ANSWER: Hello Joey,
The bumps may be one of several things: fordyce spots, HPV/warts, or a skin condition not associated with STDs. You may try the acetic acid (vinegar) test:  apply to the skin for 30-60 seconds and then re-examine.  If the whitish bumps look really, really white after the vinegar, then the white areas are probably due to HPV/warts. If the skin doesn't look much whiter than before, than it probably is due to a normal variation. It may require further checking out by a knowledgeable health care provider.

Good luck!
--mark

QUESTION: Okay thank you mark! I'll get on it asap. Im just worried about the top right bump on the first pic. Ive had all those bumps since i was a child so Im sure it must be fordyce spots. Is it still possible to get HPV/Warts even 4months after any sexual interactions? and is the hpv/warts dangerous or is it just a pyshical appearance?

Thank you so much for your help!

ANSWER: Hi Again, Joey,
The top right bump in the first photo is not well centered. No, you can't "get" HPV after an encounter, but HPV is a microscopic virus that can't be seen. It takes time after infection for the virus to cause the cellular changes that progress from something invisible to what we eventually see as a clinical wart. It may take several months for this progression to take place-- from initial infection to an obvious wart.

Because HPV infrequently causes cellular changes that sometimes can cause dyplastic or precancerous changes, it is not "just a physical [or cosmetic]  appearance."

Good luck!
--mark

Pic 1
Pic 1  

pic 2
pic 2  
QUESTION: Hey mark, I got checked out earlier last year about this and the doctor said everything was fine. I've had the same mark all year. Today when I woke up I noticed it turned red and looks like a pimple. Any suggestions as to if this is something to worry about? I have not been with anyone since June of last year.

Answer
Hi Again, Joey,
The white spots do indeed look like Fordyce spots.  However the red bump does look like a pimple. Apply moist heat followed by a bit of antibiotic cream or ointment, and it should get better.  If it gets big and more tender or painful, than it may need to be surgically drained.  

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar