Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Warts

Question
img1
img1  

img2
img2  
Hello doctor,
i went to doctor three months ago and Warts were burned. Now is there a any warts? I am very concerned.

Answer
I'm sorry to hear that your belong to the one of nearly HALF of all sexually active men who will contract genital warts, or HPV (human papilloma virus) in their lifetime (WebMD, n.d). With that said, realize that HPV is a VIRUS and therefore can NOT be cure, but it can be treated as you have already discussed in your posting. The bottom line: YES the warts can come back. When? I have no clue, but it could be anywhere from 1 day to 90! What I would be even more concerned about is the risk of cancer associated with HPV. If you have a concern, see your doctor. I am not a dermatologist, nor am I an infectious disease doctor, but HPV is something that you will have to live with your entire life. So yes, even though your warts were burned, eventually more will come back. Practice safe sexual activity with your future partners and take care of yourself!

John

WebMD (n.d). HPV infection in men: Symptoms. Retrieved from: http://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditions/hpv-genital-warts/hpv-virus-men

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice