Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Blisters

Question
Firstly I should mention that I have had genital HSV for over 18 years.  I have less than one OB a year.  It always comes back in the same location and I know my prodromes. Yesterday I noticed two blisters. On in the crease of groin/leg and one lower on inner thigh.  This is noway never the usual location for an OB.  Both blisters were about the size of the top of my little finger.  I have have no symptoms that I would normally associate with HSV.  In fact I had no irritation at all.  I popped both blisters and now the are pin head sized red marks.  Still no irritation at all. I am taking my anti viral valocyclovir as a precautionary measure.  Is this likely to be an OB in a new place or something else.  I should also mention that both were single blisters not clusters akin to something you would get from working too hard. Any ideas?

Answer
Lou,

Did they itch, burn, and sting like hell when you popped them? Do they give you pain? Remember that HSV blisters grow from nerve ganglion, so they are directly attached to nerve endings which is why they hurt. A pimple just hurts temporarily and then goes away and they heal completely differently. Do these "blisters" ooze and crust over the same way your actual herpes blisters do? Just questions to keep in mind.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice