Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Burning urination

Hello John, I am 22. I have been dealing with burning urination for a few years now. I have been to every doctor you could imagine. I've been to gynecologists and urologists. All my urine tests and cultures were negative and my ultrasound and cystoscopy came back normal also. It burns before and after urination especially when my urine is concentrated and during my period. The urologist came to the conclusion that my urethra was just narrow and i have had it stretched twice but it only helps for maybe two weeks! I am just irritated by this. Could my hormones be imbalanced or something?

I'm so sorry :( It doesn't sound very fun to me what you're going through. It sounds like a structural defect because you've been to specialist and unless you're resigned to urinating through a catheter, I don't know how else to give you a better answer. This is pretty much the exact same thing a man goes through when he was prostatitis. His prostate swells so large that it compresses his urethra and he cant urinate at all or when he does it causes intense pain because its like your trying to blow air through a pixie stick. The good news is that there's nothing chemically wrong with you, so no its not your hormones, its the way your body was made :( If you want to speak about urethral stricture more you can email me jbrice1982@gmail or can call me if you wish just let me know.

Best wishes,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.