Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Disease?

Question
Irritation
Irritation  
Hello,

When irritation began showing up on the head of my penis years ago I always assumed it was either because of a latex allergy, irritation from masturbation, or symptoms of my psoriasis. I have also had a pimple or two on my penis shaft in past years but they have occurred in the spot where I grip my penis while masturbating. To make a long story short, I have been self-medicating for years using a combination of steroid creams, cortizone creams, and anti-fungals. From 2007-2008 I had had various sexual partners. The current irritations on my penis are redder than ever before. They also hurt a little bit when touched directly. The last time I had sexual intercourse was during the Winter.   

I'm really hoping that you can put my mind at ease. Please give me some advice. On a final note, these irritations did not begin as blisters or sores. Also, the photo below is taken with flash so makes it look a bit redder than it is.

Please help,

John

Answer
John,

I'm going to be honest with you buddy and inform you that those red lesions look way to intense to be just abrasion burns from masturbation or a yeast infection. And the fact that you mentioned the horrible condition psoriasis will make me come to the realization that this may be a sign of plaque spreading to your glans. Yes, I have consulted with clients who did show positive signs of plaque growth in the groin and it can indeed spread to that region. I would make an appointment with your immunologist or dermatologist as soon as you can. And just to put your mind at ease, if you haven't been tested for STI's yet, I would make an appointment with your primary care provider or at the local health department for the full STI panel just to be on the safe side. That way if the full spectrum comes out negative you KNOW it isn't anything sexually related. Let me know how it goes.

Best wishes,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice