Sexually Transmitted Diseases/is it herpes?

red spot
red spot  
Hi John,

So about 7 weeks ago I had unprotected sex with a girl who (I didn't know at the time) sleeps with a considerable amount of blokes. About 3 weeks later, I had some mild discomfort under my foreskin and saw the area was slightly red. However, I'm not sure if the discomfort was because I was consciously thinking about it. As of a week ago I have a new red spot under my foreskin that does not look like the last - it is considerably bigger and redder. I have no pain at all, and the only reason I am aware of it is because I have been checking for any signs of herpes since I slept with this girl! I have read that herpes can present itself in many ways, and am worried I might have contracted it!

Is it herpes?

I see no open wound or pus at the site and you haven't complained of itching or pain, which would be indication of herpes. Instead this could be just a form of acne or random boil, but if you feel you should get tested because your risky adventure then by all means do so. STI testing is readily available at your primary care provider or with a local health department and you can get tested for the 8 most common STI's all at once if you wish. Let me know if you have follow up.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.