Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Fordyce Spots or HPV?

Question
red
red  
Red
Red  
QUESTION: Hey John,

I've been worried because my penis head is really red lately with bumps on side of shaft, have had unprotected oral sex, can you look at this for me?

ANSWER: David,

Unprotected oral would lead to abrasion burns on the penis because of your partner literally sucking the skin of your penis off! Friction causes the inflammation and swelling, which goes away after a couple of days. Hydrocortisone can speed up the process with a couple of dabs on the affected areas for a couple of days, but don't overdue it. Its recommended to use a oral-friendly water based lubricant in conjunction with oral sex, or even better a condom, but that's just my two cents. Let me know if you need follow up.

Cheers,

John

side
side  
front
front  
QUESTION: John, I am extremely worried that I may have HPV. I have been doing research and also have come about fordye spots. I also have been having recurring redness on my head. Could you look at this for me? Thank you so much!

ANSWER: David,

Unless you're noticing growths on the penis, scrotum, or around the groin area and you didn't explain that to me then what reason do you have to think you have HPV? Also, I do notice some minor redness on the glans, but its nothing that alarms me in the slightness because everyone has that as a sign of body temperature change. It could be just as much a sign of dry skin due to weather as anything else. With that said the pictures you've attached don't show any significant abnormalities. Try not to use any harsh soaps or perfumes down in your nether regions and you'll be fine. Also, when engaging in masturbation or intercourse, try using a water based or silicone based lubricant as well.

Cheers,

John

QUESTION: Appreciate all the help John,

My main reasoning that I thought it was HPV was I have hundreds of white looking pimple spots all on my tesicles and on rbe side of my Penis. They may be Fordyce spots but I was scared they were HPV. I have had them for years, and sometimes they turn red. I also have red spots on the sides of my penis head. The pimple spots stick up a little bit when penis is erect. How common are Fordyce spots?

Answer
Remember HPV is EXTERNAL, not INTERNAL like Fordyce's. And HPV tends to really look like irregularly shaped growths. Fordyce's take on a dome-shape and nearly 80% of my clients on this site have them and yes you can see them better when you're erect because of the tautness of the skin, but remember that Fordyce's is NOT a problem at all!

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice