Sexually Transmitted Diseases/I have a question about some bumps that are on my penis.

Question
top
top  

bottom
bottom  
Hi,i have had some white non painful
painful bumps under the skin on my penis for as long as I could remember, I have always thought they are Sebaceous glands but it's possible that it's something else so I just want your opinion about what out might be.thank you.

Answer
Hi Mike,

They are sebaceous glands, and specifically cysts known as Fordyce's spots. They can last a long, long, long, long time! I've had them "forever" and I'm 32, but the good news is typically you get less of them as you age. What you should know is that its an inherited skin condition and its not a disease or anything "bad." You can even get them on your mouth, but please never try to remove or pop them because they can and will come back and you can permanently scar yourself and that wont ever heal. There is actually a treatment option to remove them, but it involves paying an arm and a leg to a dermatologist and as I said they can come back, so it wasn't worth it in my opinion. I've lived with mine and continue to do so. If you need follow up let me know.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice